Tuesday, September 2, 2008

With this ring, I thee shed...

So a few times a month I get a boy or two who contacts me on Myspace with usually a nice compliment to which I say thank you and leave it at that. Occasionally they'll continue the conversation and this time I got a nice note from a decent looking guy named Daron. It was a compliment about my eyes, to which I said thanks. I checked out his profile and noted how he went on about really wanting someone who was classy and the quote by his picture said, "They say chivalry is dead...or is it?" His next message to me? "So, how big are those tits?" Well, let me see, they're definitely bigger than your brain and smaller than the balls it took to ask the question. I also think you answered the chivalry question all on your own buster. I mean GEEZ. I don't keep my profile private because I do hold out the hope that someone normal might see my profile and think, "Hmm, this girl is pretty cool..." but I think it's an impossible dream.

Also this week Shannon shared the story of a professor of hers who was dragged to a divorce ceremony where you do actual vows that go something like, "With this ring, I thee shed..." I laughed...and then laughed some more.

Shamefully enough this is being written in my FLIT class during an exhilarating video on the 12th century. I can do two things at once so we're golden. I'm happy to report I got a job interview for Saturday. It's for the international marketplace at the Los Angeles Zoo. Retail...simple, normal, low-key, and hopefully on my breaks I'll allowed to go walk around and look at the animals. I hear they have penguins and that excites me. I already went on one interview for a receptionist position at a day spa-type place. Because nothing in LA is ever just normal, they mentioned that the pilot for a reality show was in the works. I'm a little relieved that I haven't gotten a second interview. I'm a huge reality fan but whats the point of being on a show where you don't win anything?

This weekend was super busy. My friends Amy and Joey ended their long trek from Florida saturday night at my front door and are now officially moved here. This also excites me. It's so nice to have part of my 'family' here and they live about one mile from me. Their new place is nice and they got a great deal. Their neighbor is totally cute and has an adorable little boy so needless to say I will be visiting often...obviously not for that reason alone...they are very calm and have good energy.
Also my friend Bethany came in from Chicago on short notice for a short visit. We are all old friends from Florida so it was like a little reunion which has been very good for the soul. We tried some totally LA things like breakfast at The Griddle, which, I have to say, is HIGHLY recommended. The wait was like 45 minutes but so worth it. The food is delicious with menu items ranging from raspberry lemon pancakes to pumpkin pancakes to an egg white scramble. We all shared the nutella french toast and got our own egg dishes that were so big we're fairly certain they scrambled up a dozen eggs or so per plate. Also, every single guy waiter was stunning. Baby Brad Pitt was my favorite but they were all spectacularly beautiful...this is LA I guess, but still. The group visit culminated in Amy, Joey, Shannon, Bethany, Julia and I all having an outstanding meal at There's No Place Like Home in Los Feliz. Also, highly recommended as the outdoor seating is expansive and cozy and the menu is superb. There was alot of laughter and alot of old story-telling.

Now it's back to school this week and I'm already exhausted, and Bethany is leaving me tomorrow. Damn her.

No comments: