Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chickens with Chainsaws

This week (obviously my idea of 'week' doesn't run from weekend to weekend) ended up getting super hectic. I finally went to sign papers for my job on Friday. I start this coming Friday....finally. Hopefully this heat wave will be done by then because I'm more than ready for fall.

Saturday brought Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. Shannon and I went by ourselves this year and had so much fun! For those who might not know what that is, it's a special night event at the park throughout October where they turn alot of attractions into scary mazes and there are all kinds of live characters running around on the streets trying to scare you. The best maze is usually the walk through the Backlot where they actually have Norman Bates and a bunch of dead folks hanging out at the Bates Motel and Pyscho house. They also had some large people in bloody chicken suits walking around with chainsaws. I have to say that those made me giggle insanely more than they made me shiver in horror. At one point Shan and I stopped for some ice cream and made the mistake of sitting near a 'scare zone' on a low wall. All of a sudden I look up and these two creepy girls in masks with pigtails have positioned themselves way too close and are just staring. This went on for almost 5 minutes and all you can do is laugh nervously and whisper, "Should we go?" "No, I refuse to lose this battle of wills." Needless to say the whole scene was quite amusing for the passersby. Eventually they went away to chase some girl who yelled in their ears but I have to say it creeped me out just a little.

In other news I actually caught the vice-presidential and last nights presidential debates. I am ashamed to say that I haven't heard either candidate speak very much at all but after listening to both I am now completely comfortable voting for Obama. He is direct and competent and hopefully bulletproof. I also really like Biden so go democrats go! I recant earlier statements about needing more experience and so on. The more I think about it the more I feel like a fresh look at things is exactly what we need. Besides, look at the idiot that's been in office for the last 8 years, surely a whole family's worth of experience didn't save him from being a complete moron. The president has hundreds of people in his employ who each have a field of expertise to give advise in and pure common sense can take you far. What we need is someone who can lead people, someone people can get behind and have confidence in, and most importantly, someone who can at least give the illusion that he knows what's going on.

No comments: