Saturday, June 20, 2009

'Have you had YOUR red pleasure today' and other 'private jokes'

Tuesday was Karl day! He'd scheduled us a ride on the Bateaux Mouches Seine River cruise since the weather decided to clear up and be nice. Before that I went to lunch with Julie and the cute South American boys from her class, and we commenced shopping on Rue de Rennes. They had some really awesome stores but everytime I purchase something I dread having to haul my bags around Dublin even more. She needed to go meet one of her family members, Francois, who I think I'd marry if he were about 40 years younger. He's awesome! I caught Nicole online and told her to get off Facebook and go do something since she's in Paris. She invited me to go to the Luxembourg Gardens to read so I headed off to meet her and Laura. We didn't get much reading done but got alot of girl talk done instead which was nice. Laura was a good girl and jogged around the park while we relaxed on benches. Some guy came up to Nicole and asked her to go for a drink and with a completely straight face she grabs my leg and goes, 'Oh no, this is my girlfriend.' He gets all excited and gives us high fives and apologizes that he didn't know. I could barely contain my laughter until after he left. Yick to weird french boys. We finally realized how late it was getting and I had to get to the Monoprix and then home in time for the cruise. I met Ouida on the way so we decided to head over together. We got to the meeting place ontime and then couldn't find Karl and the boys. Apparently we'd walked right past them after wandering on Pont Alexander for much too long. I think they were lying, there was no way we wouldn't have seen them. We always wait when it comes to group activities so wait we did. The meeting time was at 9, so naturally we didn't actually get on the cruise until 10:30pm. It turned out okay though because then all of Paris was lit up. We realized why we hadn't seen the bars packed at nights, every single young person in Paris was on the Seine I swear. There were rotundas on one section with a different of dance in each one. The islands in the middle were packed with people eating cheese and bread, and drinking wine. We seriously wanted off the boat so we could join them. Paris is the most beautiful city in the world without question. We made plans to join them on the banks with our own wine as soon as possible.

No comments: